Birth of IAE Karnataka Chapter
IAE Karnataka chapter was formed in the year 2004, at the then Hotel Atria. Till that time PG students, cardiologists and those interested in echocardiography in Karnataka used to update their knowledge of echocardiography by attending the workshops and conferences of National IAE. Occasionally CSI Bengaluru chapter organized CME’s & workshops on echocardiography. When IAE-Karnataka was formed, on one side, majority of cardiologists and echocardiography sonographers were in the learning phase and on the other side, a lot of advancement was taking place in the field of echocardiography.
- To bring all physicians, cardiologists and echocardiography sonographers under one umbrella.
- To provide an opportunity for all interested persons to learn more about echocardiography and to enrich their knowledge.
- To share rare & interesting echo images with interested colleagues.
- To train cardiologists and echocardiography sonographers in the newer developments of echocardiography.
IAE Karnataka chapter was formed in the year 2004 with
– Dr. B.Ramesh Professor of Cardiology, Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bengaluru as the Honorary Secretary.
– Dr. Satish C Govind, Director of Non-Invasive Cardiac Lab, Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Heart Centre, Bengaluru as Joint Secretary.
A major event conducted by them was the annual national conference of IAE in Bengaluru in 2006 at NIMHANS Auditorium. The conference was attended by large number of delegates which included physicians, cardiologists and echocardiography sonographers. Dr.Yavagal was the Chairman, Organising Committee, Dr. B Ramesh was the Organising Secretary & Dr. Satish Govind was the Joint Organising Secretary. Most of the cardiologists, some physicians and echocardiography sonographers volunteered to become members of the society.
Dr S T Yavagal